Encyclopedia K

King Fish Beer Parlor:
1101 Decatur Street
This Italianate style building by architect Thomas Sully was built in 1884. The King Fish, probably known briefly as the Pig Pen, was another of the more long lived clubs. Operated by Vincent Serio, Jr. and Arthur Schott, aka the King Fish, the musicians featured included George Lewis, Billie Pierce, Dee Dee Pierce, Burke Stevenson, and Smilin’ Joe (Pleasant Joseph). http://www.nps.gov/jazz

Kinney’s Hall:
Uptown: 1319 Perdido Street.
This was one of the nicknames of the Union Sons Hall unofficially called the Funky Butt Hall.